Each one of our employability programs is customized to meet your needs. Every program offers support with an approach that is adapted to the client’s employment integration potential. We are pleased to offer the following services:
• One-on-one meetings: take advantage of personalized and compassionate advice while developing a customized action plan.
• Identification of experiences and skills: learn to recognize your personal strengths, the characteristics of your career path and your unique value as a candidate in the job market.
• Writing resumes and cover letters: with the assistance of your counsellor you will work carefully on the content and phrasing of your resume to adapt it to your personal objectives and the requirements of a particular position.
• Raising awareness about the reality of the job market: stay informed about the ever-changing market and learn how to position yourself with regards to your targeted job.
• Job interview preparation and mock interviews: test yourself in a mock interview with our toughest advisors. Take advantage of valuable feedback that will help you improve your performance.
• Personalized job search assistance: by following the advice of your employment counsellor you could find the job of your dreams. Find out more about the hidden job market and become autonomous in your own research.
• Group activities on various employment themes: workshops on resume writing, the hidden job market, social media, the ins-and-outs of interviewing and the importance of recognizing your own professional strengths.
To discover the news of the
to our newsletter!
Since the CJE NDG was created, it has been providing services to people between the ages of 16 and 35 who are actively looking for a job or who would like to return to school. Our career development counsellors guide clients through the integration process. They assess their clients’ needs, help them create an action plan and offer one-on-one meetings, as well as group workshops that provide clients with motivating job search methods. Our counsellors are able to provide you with services in English, French, Russian and Spanish.
Ages 35 and +
Since 2011, we have been offering employment assistance services for people aged 35 years and older. This service is adapted to the professional integration needs of our clients who have extensive experience in the labour market or who need to upgrade their skills. Our approach is based on a client needs assessment, employment counselling, creating an action plan, individual meetings and group workshops, all focused on encouraging an effective job search.
Départ @ 9
Fresh Start is designed for young adults aged 18 to 29 who want to enter the labour market or return to school. Through weekly group programs and individual counselling sessions, participants develop tools and skills that will help them find their ideal job. We work in partnership with several neighbourhood organizations to address the particularities of vulnerable populations and we help break the isolation of at-risk clients. Our stakeholders work with the personal development team in a holistic and inclusive way that is adapted to each individual’s reality.